When will the final version be released?
And here good news folks : I finally took care of it and implemented new input system. I also started testing game with gamepad and Mouse & Keyboard to verify that both controls delivering the best experience they could.
Currently I work on TD2 (Tech demo 2) which is a lot different than TD1 because it have theme: "Movement".
Plan is to tackle as much issues related to player control as possible. Bellow list of things that in 99.9% will land in this build:
- Improved movements
- Better control over character.
- Additional interactions (climbing small obstacles).
- Climbing ladders.
- Elevators and platforms.
- Better Mouse & Keyboard support
- Interaction with environment - levers
- Item placements - Fixed issue where coins sometimes move around when they shouldn't
- Improved animation system - I rebuild way how I handle animations
- Bigger and nicer level
- And like always a lot of bug fixes and internal tool improvements.
Another thing that I need to take care of is how to protect myself from breaking any of engine/tools functionality. I'm one guy and it would be wast of time for me to iterate over all of functionality each time I do any update. This is why I will follow example of Unity Technologies and start making more test for my code. This may not sound like a big work but it will consume time from my development. Good thing about this is that when I will have good test coverage it should save me a lot of time.
ETA for TD2 : Middle of October 2017
FutureHard to say for sure what will bring future but this is my current plan.
Theme for TD3 will be "Story telling" and it will contain:
- NPC characters
- Story system - records progress of story and make player choices matter
- Dialogues system - you can talk with other characters
- Quest system - there are quests which may influence story
- Saving/Loading - game progress
Theme for TD4 will be "World in War" and it will contain:ETA for TD2 : April 2018
- Enemy NPC with AI
- Melee combat
- Magic ball
- Firearm combat
- Breakable objects
Ok but this is not everything I will be working on. My plan is to work in background on:
- PBR rendering
- Animation system
- Terrain system
- Movie system
- Sound system
- Music system
- Clouds system
- Particle system
- Decal system
- Gui system
- Unit Tests
- Build system
- Mac build
- Converting all resources to new compile system
From more artistic things:
- Modeling characters
- Modeling environment
- Creating both islands
- Improving animations
- Create new postrocesses
There probably few more things but I don't remember them right now.
So if you ask me when game will be release sadly I still don't know :( But I can say for sure that not this year.