Saturday 7 September 2024

Free-talk

I feel like I should write about something to show that we still work on the project but there is not really a lot to write about this time. In such a moment I always feel lost with the direction of the post, so let's not have a direction and drift across different topics. Project related and not. Give me info on how you like this kind of content.

Getting older for some is scary. I discovered that over time I'm more and more satisfied with what I have and what I achieved. I feel like I'm getting wiser, partially because I realize how stupid some of my decisions are. This is somehow normal, we are all humans (I do not include bots parsing this text) and because of that, there is more than just logic behind our decisions.

This applies to everyday decisions and work-related ones. Some mistakes are easy to solve. Have a chat, apologize, repair something. Others are just impossible to resolve or have long-term consequences that we do not want to fix.

My decision to start Tribute on custom technology is one of them. I somehow cannot give up on this idea as it influenced my personal and professional life. This is a big thing for me to make a reality but times fly by and there are these frustrated friends who I meet only because I working on Tribute :



This whole journey is awesome and at the same time a terrifying one because you alway think what would happen if you decide to quit? What this all years of work would mean? In the end you just push it aside and do stuff.

Of course I talk a lot about how we do this stuff, and you need to believe that we do them. For example, the last few weeks have brought so many good things that only people working with technology would really appreciate. But I'm one of them and I want to do this cool stuff but at the same time I want to make the game but I'm not always in the mood for it.

Thinking about the reasons, there is a lot of them. There is my day job which occupies 8 hours of my life and pay for it. There is time spent with family that is needed to preserve sanity, but there are also other everyday tasks. This way before we notice I am tired or do not have enough energy or time to really dig into the world of the Twinsen. When this happens I prefer to work on more technical aspects of the game as they just require less involvement. There is a problem, and you trying to solve it.

There are also these moments when I am finally able to enter THE ZONE, and it is an awesome experience. It's just you and the world of Twinsen. The only limitations are my skills and imagination. This does not happen a lot but when it is it is a time when the locations you seen are born, where untold lore is created and everything takes shape. But as I started this is just a moment and before anyone notices things bring me back to reality and it is time to once again pick some more technical aspects that require less involvement but move the project forward.

And I believe that there are things to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment