Saturday 14 November 2015

Another boring post ....

Weeks of works silence in development and trying to convince you that I still work on project :] I wouldn't be surprised if some of you lost hope for it. But well such a life of lonely Developer...

... but maybe not so lonely anymore. Even if I still do most of stuff alone I start to see that I'm surrounded by people who supporting me with they work, time and supporting words when I need them. For all of that I'm really grateful. 

From the fog of silence ..

Today I can finally show you some more effects of my work:


This is of course still really early state. I control character using game pad which I use to trigger different behaviors. Character don't move because there is still not recovered movements in game (this will be my next goal) there are also missing animation events. But right now all of this is not so important I'm happy that I finally started to use new system in game and wanted to share this little joy with you. We will slowly get to level where game will work again.

For this who are interested in development details this is animation graph that I using for this presentation.

For this who are curious what I think about this tool: I think it's shitty like hell. With this screen I wanted to show you just idea behind it. In reality this is early prototype I use to figure out what I will need to manage system and how I want it to behave. 

How to play ?

This is second thing I started working on. What kind of control scheme you would like to see in game? What control devices you use? Is this x360 pad, keyboard, keyboard + mouse, mouse or something else ? Do you have some games which you think are great reference for control in Little Big Adventure Remake? I would really appreciate all feedback.

The last thing (but not less important).

Progress/Planning pages. I was changing my living place somewhere around that time and I completely forgot about it. It wasn't updated in months ( Why none of you complained about this ;( ? ). 

I will try to bring it back to life but this may take some time because I need to iterate over all 207 check-in logs to figure out all changes :/

Cheers,
Greg

5 comments:

  1. Great work Greg! I love your eye for detail, the game will be beautiful. Thank you for all your hard work.

    The controls in the original game I think were fine. I only use keyboard/mouse and this would be great to have as controls in your game too.

    Thank you for all your hard work!

    John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John. I try my best:] The details are important because all big problems are created from a lot of them. I have also good news that you should see more of my work from now on :) It's easier for me to share my progress now when I have some visual stuff happening in game.

      Yes Keyboard/Mouse (K/M) support will be for sure in game. I just need to figure out how to have nice unified control for it and x360 Gamepad. I don't want game to feel like its K/M support is just quick port from gamepad.

      Cheers,
      Greg

      Delete
    2. That is great news indeed! :)

      I gave the contols subject a little more thought. What you say might sound obvious but i think it's a great way of thinking and can make a huge difference. I can't offer much useful advice given my lack of experience with gamepads, I do however start to think an analog gamepad in particular might be the perfect controls for LBA if properly integrated.

      How about using a trigger button (or both) for temporary stance changes? For example: as long as the left trigger button is pressed stance is agressive.

      Just spilling random thoughts :)

      Thanks,
      John

      Delete
    3. Well gamepad fit games like that really well but I also want hardcore PC players to have fun with K+M setup.

      Your welcome to "spilling random thoughts" I do that in posts. Comment are yours domain:] Communication is crucial for proper project development.

      I thought about switch button aggressive<->normal and one you need to hold to be in discrete mode. I also need to think how to make discrete mode more useful in game. It would be fun to be able finish game without killing anybody :]

      Cheers,
      Greg

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete